The University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne jointly with the Sorbonne Graduate Business School has been running for the last 14 years, a highly successful 2-year Masters programme that is now open to Foreign students.
French & Foreign students who have completed 240 credits in the European System, with a background in ICT are allowed to enter into the second year of this programme. During this second year, students shall specialize in Information and Knowledge Systems Engineering and Management.
- English Medium of instruction: All teaching, course material, course and practical/project work shall be in English.
- Dual degree: Upon completion of the IKSEM Programme, successful students will be awarded a Master of Science
degree in Information Systems Engineering called ‘MIAGE’ and a Master of Management in Management of Information
and Knowledge Systems called ‘SIC’.
- The National French ‘Apprentissage’ Style of teaching/learning: Under IKSEM students spend alternate periods in
the company and academia (cycle of 4 weeks in industry followed by 2 weeks in academia). They work under mentorship of two designated mentors, one each in industry
and academics, respectively.
- Earn while you Learn: Each admitted student to IKSEM is provided paid contractual employment worth between 800
and 2000 Euros per month, for one year with a French company. The Centre de Formation par l’Apprentissage, CFA-AFIA, co-ordinates
the relationship between the University, the companies and IKSEM students. As part of this, it assists students in finding employment and paying for their tuition fees.
- A multi-cultural environment for learning together: In the 2011 batch, 73% of the
students have a curriculum from the University, 27% of them were engineers before
acceeding to IKSEM. 36% are not french (8 different nationalities including french). 41%
have a previous experience in the industry as apprenticeship before joining IKSEM.